Retail Store Negligence in Tampa Bay
Did You Suffer Personal Injuries in a Florida Retail Store? Call Our Retail Store Negligence Lawyers in Tampa Bay for Help
Even with online shopping, retail stores still reign supreme when it comes to convenience and immediate needs of shoppers and families in the United States. This is particularly true in Florida for residents and tourists, who often rely on shopping malls and retail stores to beat the heat and rain storms. Although most retail shopping is safe, unfortunately retail store negligence in Tampa Bay and the rest of Florida can result in serious personal injuries and the wrongful death of an innocent person. In fact, some studies and news outlets have reported that retail stores are not riskier than factory floors for workers. Our experienced retail store negligence lawyers in Tampa Bay know that this also means it is more dangerous for shoppers as well.
Here at Dumas & Sanclemente, our experienced team of personal injury lawyers knows how to handle retail store negligence cases throughout Florida. We have a proven track record of success handling these types of cases, including recovering compensation for victims and their families. If you or a loved one were seriously injured in any type of retail store accident in Florida, call to schedule your FREE consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers to learn more about your rights to compensation in Florida.
What Constitutes Retail Store Negligence?
A person who is injured in an accident has a cause of action (or claim) for personal injuries. Almost all cases of personal injury accidents are based on negligence. This is a legal doctrine and cause of action (claim) that allows a victim to recover damages when a defendant has breached his or her duty of care. A duty of care is what a reasonably prudent person or business would have done in similar circumstances to avoid foreseeable harm to a foreseeable person.
This legal concept sounds confusing, but in application it is simple.
Said differently, property owners, tenants, and maintainers must protect customers from reckless, careless, and preventable accidents in Florida. When they fail to do so and cause serious personal injuries, a defendant could be liable.
Examples of Retail Store Negligent Accidents in Florida
There are many common ways that a victim would be seriously injured in a retail store accident or incident. Many of these common ways are due to the negligence of an owner, worker, or another individual. Some of the most common examples include the following:
- Left Out Pallets – pallets are a necessary evil in retail stores, often helping to stock shelves by carrying a lot of products for stocking in a relatively sturdy and safe manner. However, when pallets are left out on the floor, they can be difficult to see and detect for customers walking in the store – especially because customers will be looking up at shelves and advertising signs for bright-colored products, not down at the ground. If you were injured when you kicked, tripped, fell through, fell over, slipped, or otherwise came into contact with a pallet at a retail store, call our experienced team in Tampa Bay to learn how we can help you.
- Improper Construction – the property maintenance code, building code, and fire code all place certain obligations on retail stores in Florida. These requirements are all meant to help customers navigate a store successfully – both through normal times and in an emergency. When a store does not properly construct certain aspects of their facility, it can lead to avoidable accidents that cause needless personal injuries. This includes falls on improperly constructed ramps, stairs, bathroom floors, inadequately lit areas, uneven floors, and other serious hazards.
- Falling Products – retail stores are meant to advertise products on store shelves to allow individuals to see them and purchase them. This means displaying them in a manner which is both accessible and pleasing. However, some stores will improperly set up displays or stack items. Other stores may also improperly store extra product above the reachable shelves. When this is done in a negligent manner, it could result in serious personal injuries when a product falls down on a customer. Products that fall from a height could cause crushing injuries and even wrongful death.
- Excessive Wax on the Floors – stores use wax on the floor to help protect it and make it easier to clean. When there is excessive wax on the floor, it can result in slip and fall accidents due to the slippery nature of wax. This is particularly true when the wax is not buffed in properly or the floor gets wet. This is a common and serious type of retail store negligence in Tampa Bay.
Common Injuries in a Retail Store Negligence Accident in Florida
There are many possible injuries that could be caused by the negligence of a story owner, tenant, maintainer, or another individual or entity responsible for the retail space. Victims who are injured in these types of accidents may suffer any of the following personal injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones or fractured bones
- Amputations or loss of a limb (especially in a crushing accident)
- Spiral fractures (especially when caught in a pallet)
- Back injuries and neck injuries
- Ankle or knee injuries
- Wrist or shoulder injuries
- Scarring or significant disfigurement
- Torn muscles, tendons, or ligaments
- Nerve injuries
- Wrongful death, and
- Many other serious types of personal injuries that our experienced lawyers in Tampa Bay can handle for you.
Were You Injured Due to Retail Store Negligence in Tampa Bay? Call Us
Retail store negligence is a type of premises liability case, or a case involving the use or occupancy of property. As in most premises liability cases, there are often issues about ownership or responsibility for an accident. This is particularly true in retail store negligence cases. Oftentimes a defendant will blame another defendant, a customer, or even the victim. Sometimes an insurance adjuster and defense lawyer will deny a claim or really undermine the damages a victim suffers, refusing to pay anything – even medical bills.
That is just not fair.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured due to retail store negligence in Tampa Bay, call our experienced personal injury lawyers in Tampa Bay to learn how we can help you and your family recover compensation for damages. We offer FREE consultations and can help you and your family recover compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills, and other damages due to your accident. To learn more, please call <a href=”tel:+1-866-832-1569″>866-832-1569</a> or use our convenient “Contact Us” box available here to send us a message.